Monday, May 9, 2011

Upcoming books I'm excited about

There are a slew of really cool YA books on the horizon and I can't wait to read them all. Some I haven't even seen covers for yet, but that doesn't stop me from drooling.

Here are my picks of New Things To Come:

1. A new series by debut author, Heather Burch, published by Zondervan. The first in the series is scheduled for release in Feb., 2012 (ouch, that's a long wait for me) and the main characters are half-human, half-angel teenagers. First in the series is titled, PURE, followed by DARK and RISEN.


2. Starcrossed, debut novel by Josephine Angelina, published by Harper Teen. The first in a series of three novels releases on May 31 and here's a blurb from the Dark Faerie Tales blog:

"In Starcrossed, which brings Greek tragedy to high school, a shy Nantucket teenager named Helen Hamilton attempts to kill the most attractive boy on the island, Lucas Delos, in front of her entire class. The incident proves more than a bit inconvenient for Helen, who’s already concerned that she’s going insane–whenever she’s sees Lucas (or any of his family members) the image of three crying women appear to her."


3. Last, but certainly not least, is The Pledge by Kimberly Derting (already one of my fave authors). Published by Margaret K. McElderry (an imprint of Simon & Schuster), this book is scheduled for release on November 15, 2011 (ouch, another long wait for me). Here's a blurb from the author's website about this book:

"In the violent country of Ludania, the classes are strictly divided by the language they speak. The smallest transgression, like looking a member of a higher class in the eye while they are speaking their native tongue, results in immediate execution. Seventeen-year-old Charlaina has always been able to understand the languages of all classes, and she's spent her life trying to hide her secret."

Meanwhile, I'm trying to distract myself by reading some other fantastic books on my TBR pile:

1. The Company Man by Robert Jackson Bennett
2. Graveminder by Melissa Marr
3. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
4. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
5. Light Boxes by Shane Jones

4 comments:

  1. I like the cover on Starcrossed. I'm a sucker for a good cover lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Graveminder too, and The Pledge looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome! Oh, and a small tidbit for you. Many, many years ago I worked at Zondervan for a short period of time before I was offered another job. The people were very gracious and wished me well even though I wasn't there that long:)

    ReplyDelete